If you are looking for the healthiest cat food devoid of preservatives and harmful additives, you should get your pet the best organic cat food made from human-grade ingredients.
For many health-conscious folks, picking the healthiest and natural cat food is not that easy. FDA specified that the ‘natural’ label is placed if the ingredients of pet food have not undergone any alterations. The National Organic Program goes further and defines organic product production that “integrate cultural, biological and mechanical practices that foster cycling of resources, promote ecological balance and conserve biodiversity.”
We have gone through all the best practices and have identified the best organic cat food that is available in the market. Aside from the reviews, pricing, and general product info, we also provide a buying guide to assist you to pick the best, most ideal organic food for your cat.
The 5 Best Organic Cat Foods Reviews in 2022
Whether your cat is still young, mature, healthy, or coping with chronic illness, moving organic can be a great solution to look better, move better, and help her feel much better! Let’s have a look at the five organic cat food products we’ve seen within our search.
1. Ziwi Peak Air-Dried Cat Recipe
This cat food comes top and highly recommend as a great organic cat food option made with high-quality products from New Zealand. The source protein is derived from free-range and grass-fed cattle that are raised with antibiotics, growth promoters, and also additional hormones. Inside, there are additionally New Zealand green mussels that are a rich natural source of chondroitin and glucosamine (superb combined healthy compounds).
ZIWI Peak Air-Dried Beef Recipe Cat Food (14 oz.) (ZCCB400PUC)
- HIGH PROTEIN, NUTRIENT DENSE: Authentic whole-prey ratios, featuring 96% free-range Beef, Organs, Bone, and New Zealand Green Mussels. Safely air-dried ingredients that deliver nutrition and mouth-watering taste for cats.
- GRAIN-FREE, LOW CARB: Limited Ingredient (L.I.D) premium cat food without added carbohydrates, ideal for food sensitive cats. NO cheap fillers such as grain, potato or peas, which are linked to obesity, food allergies, and other health concerns.
- 10% SUPERFOOD BOOST: Cold-washed Green Tripe, New Zealand Green Mussels, and Organic Kelp; holistic ingredients to support digestion, healthy weight, reduced shedding, joint health, plus essential taurine to promote heart and brain health.
- TOPPER or COMPLETE MEAL for ALL LIFE STAGES: Perfect as a topper for a nutrition and flavor boost, and ideal as a complete meal for peak nutrition and health; optimized from kittens to senior cats, including indoor and outdoor cats.
- ETHICAL and SUSTAINABLE: ZIWI sources only 100% free-range, grass-fed, grass-finished meats, and wild-caught seafoods, all from New Zealand farms and pristine oceans. Farmed without added hormones, antibiotics, or growth promotants.
This food has been manufactured uniquely: air drying. Ziwi’s process maximizes nutrient density while at the same time eliminating bacteria. It’s an astonishing 36 percent crude protein content plus 14% moisture (bad for soft dry cat food). And like most of the leading organic brands, it’s without any synthetic compounds, and grains, sugars, corn, soy, potatoes, rice, glycerin, rendered meals/by-products.
Pros: top-quality beef, great for joint health; compared to high protein cat food.
Cons: beef may trigger allergies in some cats; expensive and imported; picky cats don’t enjoy the feel and might well not eat (though lots of reviewers note sadly that they believe the product continues to be superior quality and regrettably not appealing to their four-legged friends)
2. Acana Regionals Grasslands Dry Cat Food
Acana Regionals has made top-quality dry cat food comprising real protein sources-matters like duck, goat, lamb, eggs, chicken, and fish (yum!). It also claims to comprise penis meat (like liver), tripe, and high-quality cartilage for added nutrient and nutritional supplement boost as part of Acana’s WholePreyTM promise.
The content is quite low, and also, the ingredients list is completely top-notch. Plus, many pet owners observe that their picky kitties learned to love it fast, and it smells good!
Pros: It is grain-free and low carb, it is possible to read the ingredients list
Cons: This dry cat food is high priced
Acana Dry Cat Food, Grasslands, Chicken, Duck, Turkey, Fish, and Quail, 4lb
- High-Protein and Nutritious: High in protein and packed with nourishing ingredients like taurine and balanced omega fatty acids
- Made in the USA: Formulated in our state-of-the-art Kitchen using only ingredients from trusted sources
- Crafted with Fresh and Raw Ingredients: Matches the natural diets and physiology of cats to best meet their natural nutritional needs
- Nutrition for All Life Stages: Free of grains, gluten, potatoes, and tapioca, making it a nourishing food for cats of all ages
- No Artificial Colors or Preservatives: We skip the artificial ingredients in our Kitchen and provide key nutrients cats need
3. Wysong Uretic With Organic Chicken Feline Diet Canned Cat Food
Many kitties prefer cat food, but the industrial brands are loaded with additives and additives. This kitty food contains over 95 poultry, and it will be just a well-tolerated and low-allergen protein source for kitties. It’s also rich in important micronutrients and so-called”nutraceuticals,” which boost immune and urinary health.
Wysong Uretic With Organic Chicken Feline Diet Canned Cat Food, Twenty Four - 5.5 Ounce Cans
$48.99 in stock
- High Meat, Low Carbohydrate, With Micronutrients And Nutraceuticals That Target Immune And Urinary Systems
- 95+% Organic Chicken! Targets Wellness, Immune And Urinary Systems
- Incorporates The Same Nutritional Principles As Wysong’S Proven Uretic Dry Diet – High Meat, Low Carbohydrate, With Beneficial Micronutrients And Nutraceuticals
- Safe And Healthful For Cats Of All Life Stages, Sizes, And Breeds
- Wysong Has Been A Leader In Pet Nutrition Since 1979
Pros: ideal for cats with a history of urinary tract difficulties, can be utilized for cats of all ages and health statuses, low carb
Cons: This high-quality food does comprise brown-rice, unappealing for your picky eaters (though relatively simple to mix with additional food for a topper), a couple of consumers have expressed concern with the quality and ethics of the headphones
4. Ziwi Peak Grain-Free Canned Cat Food Recipe
ZIWI Peak Canned Wet Cat Food – All Natural, High Protein, Grain Free, Limited Ingredient, with Superfoods (Mackerel, Case of 12, 6.5oz Cans)
- MIMICKING MOTHER NATURE: High-protein recipes that never include added fillers, sugars, glycerins, artifical preservatives, gums, or BPA
- ETHICAL AND SUSTAINABLE: 100% ethically and sustainably sourced meats and seafoods from New Zealand's free-range farms and pristine blue waters with no added hormones, antibiotics, or growth promotants
- SUPERFOOD INCLUSIONS: All recipes include 7% Tripe and 3% New Zealand Green Mussels, which are a natural source of chondroitin and glucosamine that supports joint health.
- MAY HELP PROMOTE: Allergy relief, healthy skin and coat, improved digestion, joint health and mobility, weight maintenance
- GREAT FOR PICKY EATERS: Made as a chunky loaf style, with a high level of all-natural protein and moisture to entice even the pickiest eater.
If you’re trying to find the most healthy canned cat food, this kitty cuisine is one competition that you’ll wish to take a look at. Like the sterile food, we reviewed this wet food out of Kiwi is liberated of filled with all of the stuff you can do, including those New Zealand green mussels and the stuff you never want, which aren’t easy to find elsewhere!
Only at nine protein and moisture, you may not have to worry about your kitty maybe not needing enough amino acids for an energetic and strong human body.
The way that protein supported with TONS including venison heart, liver, lung, and also tripe.
Pros: quite simple to browse the label, maybe great for kitties with joint troubles, chunky loaf style is an equally appealing texture for most cats
Cons: recent shift in design and ingredients appear to be less robust and appealing compared to elderly options, several reports of cats throwing up the food
5. Organix Organic Canned Cat Food Chicken Pate
Organix Chicken Pate Recipe For Adult Cats, 5.5-Ounce Cans (Pack Of 24)
- Made from high-quality, certified organic ingredients
- Omega-6 and 3 fatty acids help nourish skin and fur
- Added fiber helps control hairballs
- Certified Organic
Rounding out our list, this chicken pate-style canned cat food. If you go with this particular item, your kitty is going to be getting a special”superfood” mixture including organic flaxseed, organic coconut blossom, organic dehydrated egg whites, along with organic cranberries-foods that are rich in healthy fats, fats, vitamins, and minerals.
As the protein supply, it comes, so you understand it’s high quality and low-allergen for. Organix’s claim to fame is they have been the sole”complete” lineup of pet food-significance that at least 95% of the ingredients included have been certified organic.
Pros: certified USDA organic, relatively more affordable in comparison to other possibilities, cooked within an organic-certified kitchen in the USA, affordable
Cons: This canned cat food may not be enjoyable for some kitties, watch for dented cans
Buying Guide of Natural Organic Cat Foods
The advantages of purchasing Organic Cat Food
We can think of several advantages to buying the best organic cat foods. Have a gander in the following list. Right, think your kitty deserves these things?
– Organic food does not have any unhealthy chemicals that can be detrimental for your animal’s total health (we’ll get into specific”what to look out for” in the subsequent section).
– Organic food is ordinarily more nutrient-dense than many other foods-giving your cat, even more, the vitamins, minerals, and different nutrients she wants to become healthy, lean, and powerful.
– Organic food generally comes with a reduced risk of food intolerance, allergies, and digestive troubles. This usually means a lower risk of skin problems, nausea, and chronic disease, to mention only a few.
– In comparison with gluten free cat food, organic food does a much better job giving your kitty energy, healthy hair and coat, strong joints, and organs that are moisturizing.
– Organic food may even help your kitty live longer by boosting her immune wellness and helping her maintain a healthy weight!
The way to switch your cat for a new food
Selecting the finest organic cat food for your furry friend is only a single portion of this process once it involves upgrading your kitty’s daily diet plan. The other part is introducing her!
The one thing is, kitties tend to be picky. When it dropped one day without 20, many are shy away from brand-new food. And essence aside, animals will often experience gastrointestinal upset (like nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, or constipation) when natural cat food is changed too suddenly.
Of course, if your cat is not eating or still have gastrointestinal concerns, a call for your vet should be a helpful thing on your to-do list.
One idea for encouraging your kitty to eat? Please make certain you keep her water bowl a little ways. This Might Seem counter-intuitive, but there’s a particular reason behind it:
It turns out this kitties evolved in the open to keep their food away from water sources. This makes sense, given the risk of contamination. So, if your kitty is doesn’t to eat anyway and a little finicky, try moving her water dish. This might create organic food a bit more inviting and meaning she’ll get the nutrition she needs, and you also will not wind up wasting your dollars.
The best organic cat foods may be costlier compared to conventional cat food readily available in stores and online. However, the couple additional bucks are worth it-at least for most of your owners who opt to buy this kind of human-grade food to their animals.
After all, you are what you eat, and the same is true for the feline! If you want to help her own a great deal of energy, a gorgeous coat, then a lean and robust body, and a healthier body potential at every point of her lifetime, then upgrade her diet plan. It’s never too late to generate a couple of adjustments that can boost your companion’s well being and cuisine.
Hi there! My name is Ben Domb, an owner of two pets and I am one of the co-founders of OurPets HQ. I have several years of experience as a pet care professional in the New England region having spent time in various roles including a stint at a veterinary hospital in Upstate New York, Syracuse area. I am a certified pet care professional and mostly spend my time researching pet nutrition and sharing my thoughts in various blogs and columns. With quarantine and COVID restrictions, I have been spending a lot of time a lot with my dogs and cat and loving it! I also run a small consulting business providing advice to parents on pet nutrition, and especially safe homemade options to try. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org