If you’re a dog owner, then you know that allergies are a common problem. In this blog post, we’ll be discussing the best dog shampoo for allergies. We’ll be looking at a variety of different shampoos and providing our thoughts on each one.
What makes shampoo good for dogs with allergies?
Conditioners in shampoos aren’t actually very good for dogs. In fact, they can be quite harmful to them. For this reason, we’ll only be reviewing dog shampoo that is free from conditioners. You may have heard of ‘tearless’ shampoo before – this simply means it doesn’t contain conditioner! These are the shampoos we’ll be reviewing.
What ingredients to look for in allergy shampoo?
Avoid shampoo with fragrance in it – your dog is probably going to be fine with a bit of smell, as they’re not as sensitive as humans. Rather than looking for a shampoo that smells nice, look for one that doesn’t have any fragrance in it at all.
Some natural ingredients to look out for are oatmeal and witch hazel. These can help moisturize the skin on your dog’s face. This will be good for dogs that suffer from dermatitis or other skin conditions.
Shampoos to avoid if your dog has allergies?
There are a few ingredients you should avoid in allergy shampoo – the most common of which is soap. Soap can dry out the skin, which will make their allergies worse. Look for a shampoo that is free from soap, parabens and dyes.
Best Dog Shampoo for Allergies Reviews
Reviews of the Best Dog Shampoo for Allergies
1. Paws & Pals 5-In-1 Oatmeal
The first version that we would like to introduce to you is Paws and pals. On the other hand, this dog shampoo is reasonable for you to buy but bring a lot of benefits as well. It is super suitable for pets who own allergic fur and coat.
When it comes to the recipe, this product comprises natural substances that make you not worry too much about your pet’s inflammation as well. Next, it has no soap or other synthetic additives that permit your pets to experience a fantastic moment in the bathroom.
Paws & Pals 5-In-1 Oatmeal Dog Shampoo, Conditions, Detangles, Moisturizes, Anti Itch, Odor Control - Made in USA w/Medicated Clinical Vet Formula - Best for Dog, Cat & Pets w/ Dry Itchy Skin | 20 oz
- THE MOST EFFECTIVE NATURAL PET SHAMPOO FOR YOUR LOYAL COMPANION: Our Pet Wash Shampoo is a premium coat and skin treatment that comes directly to you and your pet without sacrificing vegan and organic principles or quality. Our delicate balance of essential oils forms the foundation of a veterinarian recommended coat care regimen.
- QUALITY SHAMPOO FOR YOUR DOG WITHOUT COMPROMISE: Your dog is a loving member of your family, does he or she not deserve the best when it comes to caring for their coat and skin. At Paws & Pals, we have developed a cleansing shampoo that not only respects the environment as well as nature but ensures that in doing so your pet has the best possible skin care and coat treatment available.
- NOURISHING FORMULA: Our shampoo includes oatmeal, which will help moisturize and soothe itchy skin. It may also help relieve symptoms of allergies, hot spots, dry skin, and will also clean, deodorize, and soften your pet’s coat. Our pet wash cleaner also contains all natural ingredients such as aloe & ingredients which occur organically such as pro-vitamin B5. They assist in hydrating, healing and protecting your pet’s coat and skin.
- TEAR-FREE SOAPLESS FORMULA TURNS BATHTIME INTO PLAYTIME: Our tear-free formula is the result of natural oils, vitamins, and extracts that do not irritate or inflame your dog's eyes or nose, ensuring that bath time is a fun and playful experience for you both. (we cannot guarantee a splash, free experience.)
- MADE IN THE USA – Please note that sensitivities vary for each pet. Please monitor your dog for any adverse reactions caused by allergic or unexpected occurrences.
2.Burt’s Bees Dogs All-Natural Shampoos
The next product that we want to bring to you is Burt. This dog shampoo for itchy skin is derived from natural substances, which is better for the individuals’ skin before transforming to the pet’s care. Besides, this one can be smoother and gentle for some pets with allergic coats. Moreover, it is built along with double vital substances, which emphasize it to be perfect in the future. The shea butter is saturated for the shiny enhancing result.
When it comes to usage, the first thing to do is applying a little to your dog’s skin. Next, begin with its head until toes while preventing its eyes area. Then, clean and make dry your pet with a towel. Apart from the main ingredients such as honey or shea, it is included glycerin and other substances.
Burt's Bees Natural Shampoo for Dogs, Made with Colloidal Oat Flour and Honey, 16 Oz
- SOOTHES AND SOFTENS — Burt's Bees Oatmeal Shampoo cleans, soothes, softens, and conditions your dog's dry skin and coat
- MADE WITH THE HIGHEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS — This gentle formula includes ingredients like colloidal oatmeal, honey, and beeswax for sensitive skin
- DIRECTIONS — Apply to dog's wet coat. Work from head to tail and rinse, carefully avoiding eyes. As is typical with natural formulas, this shampoo will only have a light lather
- SUITABLE FOR ALL DOGS AND PUPPIES — This mild tearless shampoo is pH balanced especially for all dogs and puppies
- 100% SAFE — Veterinarian recommended formula, free of fragrances, sulfates, colorants, and harsh chemicals
3.Earthbath Hypoallergenic Pet Shampoo
Earthbath is a shampoo brand that is designed for pets who face some sensitive problems. Like other versions at this moment, this product is used from natural ingredients to ensure the safety of your dogs. Also, this hypoallergenic dog shampoo has no fragrance as well. Therefore, when your dog is picky, some fragrances, this Earthbath is the fabulous option. Last but not least, we make sure that it will become a part of your pet’s life in the future.
Earthbath Pet Hypo-Allergenic Fragrance-Free Shampoo - for Sensitive Skin & Allergies, Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, Good for Dogs & Cats - Keep Them Happy Without Compromising Comfort - 16 fl. oz
- HYPO-ALLERGENIC FOR SENSITIVE SKIN/ALLERGY: This mild, hypo-allergenic shampoo is FRAGRANCE FREE and formulated especially for pets with skin allergies and sensitivities. Puppies & kittens, older pets, certain breeds and allergy prone animals often benefit from a hypo-allergenic formulation
- NATURAL & ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: Blended with the finest ingredients, such as renewable plant-derived and coconut-based cleansers, organic aloe vera, and vitamin E. NO PARABENS, NO DYES, NO SOAP, NO SULFATES, NO PHTHALATES, NO ALCOHOL
- SAFE & EFFECTIVE: Our products are designed with the health of your beloved, furry friend in mind. We believe the ingredients that touch your pet's coat and skin should be as naturally effective, non-toxic, and gentle as possible. This product is PH-BALANCED FOR PETS and safe for dogs, puppies, cats & kittens over 6 weeks old
- CRUELTY FREE: We at earthbath have a genuine love for pets and concern for the environment. Since 1995, these passions have been at the heart of everything we do, from the ingredients we put into our products, to how and where we make our products, and the support we show to animals in need
- HAPPINESS GUARANTEE: We are so sure you will love this product that we will refund your money if you are not satisfied for any reason
4. SynergyLabs Veterinary Formula Hypoallergenic Shampoo for Dogs
On the contrary to some versions above, this dog shampoo for dry skin is not produced from natural substances as well. On the other hand, it is constructed by taking the most advantage of artificial versions that won’t be harmful to your pet’s fur and even skin. Moreover, this one has no soap and tear at all. Another important feature of this version is that it is gentle for either puppies or kittens.
On top of it, the other advantage of this product is it has no dyes and fragrances as well that are detrimental to pets. Because both of them are the key causes that lead to allergic issues for dogs and cats.
Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Hypoallergenic Shampoo for Dogs and Cats – No Harsh Ingredients – Great for Pets with Allergies and Sensitive Skin – Promotes Healthy Skin and Coat (16oz), PHL369013
- HYPOALLERGENIC PET SHAMPOO – Veterinary Formula Hypoallergenic Dog and Cat Shampoo is scientifically formulated with the gentlest coconut-based cleansers and no harsh ingredients, dyes and fragrances so it will not irritate pet’s sensitive skin
- IDEAL FOR ALLERGIES – Ideal for dogs and cats with known allergies or sensitivity to fragrances or cleansing agents, Hypoallergenic Shampoo with Vitamin E, lactic acid and allantoin will help relieve, soothe and condition your pet’s skin and coat
- TEARLESS & FRAGRANCE FREE – This hypoallergenic shampoo for cats and dogs is sulfate, paraben, dye, fragrance, and soap-free. It’s tearless shampoo with gentle ingredients that promote healthy skin and will not wash away topical spot-on flea and tick treatments
- FORMULATED FOR DOGS & CATS – This veterinary recommended hypoallergenic shampoo is specifically formulated for dogs and cats. The pH balanced treatment is ideal for their skin and will provide effective relief of symptoms to make you and your pet happy
- EFFECTIVE & AFFORDABLE – Veterinary Formula Clinical Care premium medicated products are created with veterinary-grade ingredients, available at an affordable price. We know dogs and cats are more than just pets because we are pet parents too
5.Vet’s Best Hypo-Allergenic Dog Shampoo for Sensitive Skin
The final product that we would like to bring to you is the Vet’s dog shampoo. In other words, this version can ease your pet’s allergic symptoms due to a tasty contender. Besides, according to other client feedbacks, this one can reduce the itchy condition as well as soften the dry fur or coat as well. Next, this itchy dog shampoo consists of a mixture of natural substances that enrich a high amount of vitamin and aloe vera. Therefore, the vet allows pet carers to take the most advantage of this version very regularly without worrying too much about the bad effects anymore.
Last but not least, this shampoo can operate with other therapies as well, particularly the ones which can eliminate ticks or fleas as well.
Vet's Best Hypo-Allergenic Shampoo for Dogs | Dog Shampoo for Sensitive Skin | Relieves Discomfort from Dry, Itchy Skin | Cleans, Moisturizes, and Conditions Skin and Coat | 16 Ounces
- RELIEF FOR SENSITIVE SKIN - Vet’s Best Hypo-Allergenic Dog Shampoo for sensitive skin is a gentle, soap-free shampoo for dogs that relieves itching and helps to smooth dry, brittle coats
- NATURAL REMEDY- Veterinarian formulated blend of key natural, plant-based ingredients like Aloe Vera and Vitamin E to comfort sensitive skin and relieve your pet’s allergies
- USE AS NEEDED - Vet’s Best Hypo-Allergenic Dog Shampoo may be used as often as necessary to remove allergens without drying out your dog’s skin
- WORKS WITH OTHER TREATMENTS – Our shampoo will not affect other dog treatments such as topical flea and tick control products
- TOTAL CARE- Vet’s Best Hypo-Allergenic Dog Shampoo is part of our complete treatment system for dry and sensitive skin. Use with Vet’s Best Moisture Mist and Vet’s Best Ear Relief Wash & Dry
II. Buyer Guide
Some crucial stuff for assisting the allergic dogs
At this moment, there are a lot of pet shampoos created perfectly for dealing with irritation or sensitive fur or skin as well. Most shampoos can be suitable for up to two features such as reduce the symptoms, which cause sensitive fur or coat as well as ease your pet’s resistance. Besides, these ones are constructed by taking the most advantage of natural substances like aloe vera, tree oil, and so forth. Moreover, the aloe vera is softening, avoids irritation, and plays a critical role in curing sensitive, and dry skin. Like we said before, the best dog shampoo for allergies is built along with saturating substances that are excellent for tackling allergic fur.
The best ways to select the dog shampoo for allergic fur
There are three essential factors which we would like to introduce to you before making your decision. At now, let’s follow us to find out some exciting stuff below.
The stability of the PH
As the pets contact much more directly with the external space than the pet owners do. Thus, we highly recommend that you should take into consideration some elements below.
The initial thing to do is assessing the PH scale. As usual, the PH range for pet skin is around 5.5 to 8. This means that pet owners can only use pet shampoo rather than human shampoo because it can result in some sensitive problems for your lovely pets.
Choosing the appropriate PH scale
It’s crucial to highlight that pet owners can select dog shampoo for allergies for keeping the stability of PH for their pets. Moreover, the puppies who are sensitive need to utilize the outstanding shampoo with the neutral PH. Next, check out the label and read the PH degree as well. Keep far away from some products that do not show any PH information.
Vital ingredients for your lovely pet’s coat
To ensure a comfortable feeling for your pets, we highly suggest that users need enough amount of ingredients that enhance the dog’s fur or coat. For example, organic dog shampoo is beneficial for both the individuals’ skin and pets a lot. Because they consist of vitamins, tree oil, vera, and so forth.
Next, one of the most important things is that you have to use the shampoo, which owns a perfect fragrance for your dogs when they are walking around the rubbish dump.
During hanging around and picking up the best dog shampoo for allergies, the most crucial stuff is to control your emotions and other choices for these versions, which are produced for your lovely pets. Next, find out the suitable shampoos along with perfect ingredients, which could assist in decreasing the sensitive symptoms and create more comfort for your furry friends. Finally, we believe that you can gain some deeper insights into this issue to help your lovely pets overcome allergic circumstances. If you enjoy our article, you can pay more visits to our website for further useful information ahead. Keep in mind that we are always there for you at your worst.
Hi there! My name is Ben Domb, an owner of two pets and I am one of the co-founders of OurPets HQ. I have several years of experience as a pet care professional in the New England region having spent time in various roles including a stint at a veterinary hospital in Upstate New York, Syracuse area. I am a certified pet care professional and mostly spend my time researching pet nutrition and sharing my thoughts in various blogs and columns. With quarantine and COVID restrictions, I have been spending a lot of time a lot with my dogs and cat and loving it! I also run a small consulting business providing advice to parents on pet nutrition, and especially safe homemade options to try. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org