If you own a dog and looking for the best dog food for Pomeranians, then you’ve come to the right post. In this article, I have reviewed the best food that the small-bodied Pomeranians.
Pomeranians are a type of dog breed of Nordic descent and are known for their compact, short-backed, active toy dog. They are relatively smaller when compared to other dog breeds such as German Shepherds but they make it up with their great personality. Therefore, selecting the best dog food for Pomeranians can be challenging as well.
Pomeranians are the particular tiny pets. They have deep, fluffy skin and perfectly round eyes. Their daily diet is so crucial for keeping their bodies in shape and healthy. In other words, they want perfect calorie-rich stuff which brings and they do not consume a huge amount of food at the same time.
Your lovely pets require a kibble which is tiny in dimension for their temptations. The dog food wants to offer balanced nutrition constructed for tinier dogs. Therefore, we will do this review to help you raise awareness about it as well as choose the best dog food for Pomeranians in the future.
Reviews of the Best Dog Food for Pomeranians 2022
1. Royal Canin X-Small Adult Dry Dog Food for Pomeranians
Royal Canin is the overall best dog food for Pomeranians in 2020. This first product that we highly recommend to you is specifically formulated for small-breed dogs and the company behind this brand has over 30 years and has built a good reputation.
This Pomeranian dog food offers the perfect nutrients for puppies and other tiny breed pets. Moreover, it is suitable for pets who are aged up to nine years. When it comes to the kibble, this one can be decreased in dimension but owns a flavor, structure, or odor which can fit your tiny pets along with the strong temptation as well
Apart from it, this product consists of 23% protein and 18% fatty acids which are beneficial for tiny pets’ immunization. It can possess a 4% amount of fiber combination to reduce the food transit via the tummy and keep the stability of frequent bowel transitions.
- Specifically made for toy and miniature breed dogs between 10 months and 8 years old that weigh up to 8 lbs.
- careful blend of fiber
- small size kibble
- Brand: Royal Canin
- Model: 512214
- Weight: 14 pounds
- Date First Available : April 10, 2012
- Category: Dry dog food
2. Castor & Pollux Organix Grain-Free Organic Small Breed Recipe Recipe Dry Dog Food for Pomeranians
$24.98 in stock
The next brand that we recommend in this review of the best dog food for Pomeranians is Castor. It is a natural and organic formula that assists with allergic digestion of tiny breed pets. Besides, the main substance is real chicken that offers around 25% the amount of protein as well.
On top of it, this organix dog food comprises a wide range of chickpeas, blueberries and other vital substances that consist of some crucial nutrients for your cute pets’ demands. Lastly, the prebiotic fibre can assist your dog’s stomach health a lot.
Castor & Pollux ORGANIX Grain Free Organic Small Breed Recipe Grain Free Dry Dog Food - 4 lb. Bag(Pack of 1)
$24.98 in stock
- One (1) 4 lb Bag - Castor and Pollux ORGANIX Grain Free Small Dog Food Recipe, Organic Dog Food
- USDA organic certified grain free dry dog food for small dogs that is made with organic chicken raised without any added growth hormones or antibiotics
- Natural dog food that is nutrient packed with a blend of superfoods, including organic flaxseed, organic blueberries and organic sweet potatoes
- This Non GMO dog food recipe contains no artificial preservatives, flavors or colors and is made without corn, wheat, soy, chickpeas or lentils
- This organic grain free dog food also contains prebiotic fiber to support healthy digestion
3. Tuffy’s NutriSource Dry Puppy Food for Pomeranians
Another dog food product that you can pick and which is best for Pomeranians is Tuffy’s NutriSource. This small-breed brand has chicken as the leading ingredient and is considered a great low-carb food option for Pomeranians. This is best for tiny breed puppies who weigh around 40 pounds. Moreover, this version consists of perfect digestive rice and oatmeal, which are beneficial for your lovely pets.
Apart from it, this dry puppy food offers stable minerals and other vitamins that are excellent for the tiny breeds or probiotics.
Tuffy’S Nutrisource 6.6-Pound Chicken And Rice Formula Breed Dry Puppy Food, Small/Medium
- Chicken Is The Number One Ingredient!
- Highly Digestible Rice And Oatmeal Formula
- Contains All The Essential Nutrients For The Optimum Health Of Your Pet
- Contains No Animal By-Products Or Whole Corn
- Contains No Animal By-Products Or Whole Corn.
4. Nature’s Recipe Grain-Free Small Breed Dry Dog Food, Chicken, Sweet Potato & Pumpkin
$8.07 in stock
The greater amount of protein (at least 30%) and fatty amount (at least 15%) can convey some calories which the tiny pet requires a lot. Moreover, the meat protein can be extracted from the chicken meal, and other fibre amount assists the immunity system, compared to the dehydrated dog food.
Last but not least, this product could support with antioxidants which are beneficial for your pet’s bones or muscles and defeat against other ailments as well. The amount of carbohydrate is supplied from pumpkin and potatoes.
5. Whole Earth Farms Grain-Free, Natural Dry Dog Food
The final version on the list is Whole Earth. It can be well-suited for all types of dogs and other life cycles as well. In other words, the protein amount of this formula is offered from salmon and even whitefish. Moreover, this one can put some veggies and fruit consisting of blueberries, peas, and potatoes as well.
Besides, it has probiotics to assist the easy digestion and antioxidants in defeating against ailments.
Whole Earth Farms Grain Free Recipe Dry Dog Food, Pork, Beef & Lamb, 25-Pound
- One (1) 25 lb Bag - Whole Earth Farms Grain Free Dog Food, Pork, Beef and Lamb Recipe, Dry Dog Food
- The first ingredient in this natural dog food Whole Earth Farms recipe is high-quality protein, made with a blend of pork, beef and lamb and contains no corn, soy or wheat ingredients
- This pork, beef and lamb dog food Whole Earth Farms recipe is crafted with a Wholesome Harvest Blend that provides omega fatty acids for healthy skin and coat and antioxidants for a healthy immune system
- Developed with veterinarian and nutrition experts, this natural dry food for dogs contains glucosamine and chondroitin to support healthy joints
- Serve your dog dry food with field grown vegetables that add fiber for healthy digestion as well as vitamins and minerals for a balanced diet with this grain free dry dog food
6. Hill’s Science: Best Diet for Pomeranians
$43.99 in stock
If you want a small-size kibble diet that is best for Pomeranians, this brand will not disappoint. The formulation of this kibble is ideal for Pomeranians and small and toy breeds from 1 to 6 years.
It also has antioxidants and very important vitamins such as Vitamin C and E which are essential for boosting the immune system of your Pomeranian dog. Along with Whole Earth Farms, this kibble is among the best and most recommended as the best dry dog food for Pomeranians.
Hill’s Science Diet Dry Dog Food, Adult, Small Paws for Small Breed Dogs
$43.99 in stock
- An adult dog food made with highly digestible ingredients that are easy on your small dog's stomach
- Nourishing omega 6 fatty acids and vitamin E help promote healthy skin and a shiny coat
- Provides high quality protein to maintain lean muscle in small breed dogs
- Uses an antioxidant blend specifically for lifelong immune support in toy and miniature dogs
- Made with natural ingredients
Buyer Guide for the Best Dog food for Pomeranians
1. Some factors to consider before buying dog food for Pomeranians.
The bigger alternative of food for your lovely pets could be confusing and very tough to understand where to begin. On the other hand, users select the best dog food for Pomeranians, but what will they search for? Therefore, in this review, we will show you up essential stuff that you need to focus on when searching for excellent pet food.
Kibble dimension: Tiny pets such as Pomeranians regularly struggle from dental issues. The own slimy jaws and teeth but could not chew the huge crispy kibble as well. Besides, the tiny kibble can take out of the plague from teeth and also avoid the gum problems.
The amount of protein: Examine the amount of crude protein as well. Because your lovely pets require stuff with a greater amount of protein and they could not consume the huge amounts. Next, try to seek the standard from 20 to 30% for strengthening perfect muscle and assist the cell. Lastly, a great amount of protein is beneficial for all pets.
The origin of protein: Protein could be offered from the animal origin or veggies origins as well. Your lovely pets require a leading quality pet protein origin like chicken, fish, and so on.
Carbohydrates: This substance is vital for the sturdy Pomeranian diet. However, they want to be more convenient for digesting and outstanding quality. Next, you should search for substances like potatoes, protein from pomeranian food as well.
Can it lead to sensitive problems: Your pets could have sensitive tummies’ issues and other risky symptoms. In this case, there is a lot of food have no soy and corn, which are useful for your furry friend.
Probiotics: Some cluster of bacteria could be in existence into your pet’s tummy and result in several digestive troubles. Next, your pets could struggle from stomach healths. Therefore, you need to find suitable food which owns probiotics like Lactobacillus.
Tiny nutrients: They are crucial for tiny pets health. In this case, try to search for Omega substances and other essential acids as well.
We believe that all of you can gain deeper understandings about this dog food and how to pick up the suitable one for your cute pets. Choosing the best dog food for Pomeranians can be easy, thanks to this our review. Last but not least, your Pomeranians will be highly appreciated about what you have done for them as well.
If you have any queries, please leave your feedback below and give us the evaluation or response in the comment box beneath.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Hi there! My name is Ben Domb, an owner of two pets and I am one of the co-founders of OurPets HQ. I have several years of experience as a pet care professional in the New England region having spent time in various roles including a stint at a veterinary hospital in Upstate New York, Syracuse area. I am a certified pet care professional and mostly spend my time researching pet nutrition and sharing my thoughts in various blogs and columns. With quarantine and COVID restrictions, I have been spending a lot of time a lot with my dogs and cat and loving it! I also run a small consulting business providing advice to parents on pet nutrition, and especially safe homemade options to try. You can reach me at email@example.com