Providing the Highest Quality Pet Reviews
Like most pet owners, it can be quite difficult to find objective reviews of some critical pet care items such as pet food. Nutritional details, ingredients, recalls and composition are lacking in most reviews.
We did a spot check of most dog and cat food reviews sometime during the COVID-19 lockdown and realized that more than 80% do not specify the nutrient composition or ingredients make-up on dry matter basis or with moisture content considered. For pet owners, this means that majority of online content is lacking significantly and do little to inform pet owners on which pet food has the right nutrients for their pets.
As pet owners and breeders with deep knowledge of the space, we came together to solve this big challenge.
We are still working to consolidate and update the contents on this site to reach the highest quality standards. We intend to update all content by June 2022 and we apologize for any errors.
Pet Accessories & Safety
Our guides on pet accessories such as dog collars have safety specifications to enable pet owners to gauge which one is best for their pets. We provide a safety rating for each pet accessory to make sure your pet does not become victim of unsafe products.
Categories we Cover:
Dog Food Reviews and Guides
- Types of Dog Food
- What to look for in Dog Food
- How to Help Your Dog Gain Weight
- Does Dry Dog Food Go Bad?
- Salmon Dog Food
- Wsava Dog Food
- Pedigree Dog Food
- Limited-ingredients Dog Food
- Dog Food with Grains
- Low-sodium Dog Food
- Dog Food for large-breed puppies
- Wet food for small dogs
- Dog food for Huskies
- Dry Dog Food for Australian Shepherd Puppies
- Best Tasting Dog Food
- Dog food for Rottweilers
- Low-fat Dog Food
- Dog Food for Corgis
- Dog Food Brands to Avoid
- Treats for Yorkies
- Best Treats for French Bulldogs
Our Guides and Reviews of Cat Food
Our Guides and Reviews of Pet Apparel and Accessories
- How to Test a Bark Collar
- How to Introduce a Shock Collar to a Dog
- Bark Collars for German Shepherds
- How to wash a dog collar
- Shock collars for large dogs
- Collars for Dogs after Surgery
- Collars for Dachshunds
- Roller Leather Dog Collars
- Training Collars for Hunting Dogs
- Most Powerful Shock Collars
- Shock Collars for American Bulldog
- Dog Collars for German Shepherds
- Bark Collars for 5lb Dogs
- Bark Collars with Remote and Automatic Mode
- No-bark Collars for Small Dogs
- Bark Collars for Yorkie
- Bark Collars for Chihuahua
- Pink Dog Collars
- Dog Collars with Name Plates
What differentiates Ourpets HQ reviews from others
Which pets does OurPets HQ cover on the site?
We cover a wide range of pet care guides. We started off with just dogs and cats and have started writing about exotic pets – mostly reptiles such as Bearded Dragons. In this new pet category of reptiles, we are starting off with the main Bearded Dragon care guide and subsequent articles will have details on the diet, health & wellness and will have a number of articles answering specific questions. Check back soon to check on new guides on bearded dragons!